Social Distancing Support for Businesses
24th June 2020
Lancaster BID is pleased to support the social distancing modelling initiative being delivered by Lancaster University in partnership with Lancaster City Council. Businesses who would benefit from assistance to plan use of space on reopening are encouraged to book an appointment at The Storey between June 25th and 30th. Full details are below:
As part of the Lancaster district's commitment to supporting business during and beyond the Covid-19 pandemic, Lancaster University and Lancaster City Council have collaborated to develop a unique, automated, social distancing and way-finding model for businesses preparing to re-open safely in the post-pandemic recovery.
The ground floor of the Storey in Lancaster has been fully re-modelled as a "Generative Spacing Lab" for testing approaches to social distance signage, which uses a combination of electronically created floor plans, sympathetic signage and creative use of equipment to effectively manage the space.
This may benefit you or your business in the following ways:
- Feel free to explore the large sit down café and bar area "The Printroom" which now incorporates designer signage and wayfinding for 2m social distancing measures.
- View a selection of equipment that provides a clean and safe environment, including signage, screens and hand sanitisers.
- Discuss the problems that the design team faced in reopening; learn from best practice.
- Explore the costs and timelines for reopening.
We'd like to invite you to explore, consult and give feedback on both the design and research, via a face-to-face (adhering to all appropriate guidance) 1-hour session at The Storey.
These sessions will provide an opportunity for you to:
- Consider and provide feedback on how the space is set up
- Discuss your own business needs with the design and research team
- Advise the team on the tools and resources that would best support local businesses going forward
You can make an appointment by contacting email@example.com
1-hour sessions are initially available between 10am-4pm on the below dates; these will book up quickly so please get in touch if you would like to make an appointment.
1. Thursday 25 June
2. Friday 26 June
3. Monday 29 June
4. Tuesday 30 June
We look forward to meeting with you to consider how your business can be supported through this initiative.
Back to News Archive