Merry Christmas from Lancaster BID
5th December 2018
All the team at Lancaster BID would like to say a huge thank you to all the city centre businesses for your support during 2018. It has been another very successful year and we couldn't have achieved everything without your support.
Some of the highlights of 2018 have included:
- lnstalled a highly praised umbrella canopy above New Street throughout the summer months.
- Delivered the inagural Lancaster Festa Italia in early September which saw thousands of people in the city to see the Ferrari display, Italian themed stalls and packed programme of entertainment.
- Won an award for our Festa marketing campaign.
- Supported seven businesses to improve their shop fronts through our Business Improvement Grants.
- Supported seven city centre events through our Special Project funds.
- Helped produce the most successful ever Light Up Lancaster event in early November, which saw the busiest ever two evenings in the city centre since footfall monitoring began.
- Replaced the branch wrapped Christmas Lights in 10 city centre trees, added new lights in Market Square and funded the Christmas trees in front of the City Museum.
- Produced an amazing Christmas Lights Switch On which saw the largest ever crowds gather to see the lights turned on.
- Produced our first Lancaster After Dark marketing materials and set up the first 'After Dark' Sub Group.
- Promoted 40+ businesses in our Shop Local feature.
- Reported approx. 500 city centre faults, with many being resolved.
- Coordinated over 70 businesses to join our Shop 2 Skate campaign to help businesses benefit from the increased footfall over the festive season.
- Supported the first ever ice rink, Lancaster On Ice.
- Many successful collaborations with our partners and other Lancaster stakeholders.
- Successful Dino Day 2, with increased footfall and consumer spend.
- Successful AGM with 60+ attendees.
We wish all our businesses a happy and successful festive season and look forward to continuing to work with you in 2019.
Photo (L-R) Tom Fyson, BID Development Manager, Paul Cusimano, Lancaster BID Director and proprietor of JOSEPH+CO, Rachael Wilkinson, Lancaster BID Manager, Susan Rutherford, Chair of Lancaster BID and Practice Manager at Holdens Solicitors, Victoria Muir, Events & Marketing Assistant
Back to News Archive