Last Chance to Apply for COVID Grants
12th August 2020Lancaster BID is encouraging all city centre businesses to check they have applied for any government grant funding they are eligible for. The schemes are administered by Lancaster City Council and will soon close to applications.
All applications for Small Business Grants and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants must be received by Friday 28th August 2020. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
As things stand any funds that have not been awarded will be returned to Central Government and will not be retained within the local economy. £3.9m is still available to be awarded.
- £10,000 Small Business grant to businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less and in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Relief
- £10,000 or £25,000 Retail, Hospitality and Leisure grants to businesses with a rateable value under £51,000
Important points to consider:
- This is a grant and not a loan, therefore there is no requirement to pay it back.
- The grant is subject to tax. However, businesses that make a loss this financial year will pay no tax on the grants and only profitable businesses will be taxed.
- Businesses which were in liquidation or dissolved as of 11th March 2020
- Businesses which were not ratepayers in the business rates system as of 11th March 2020
Please see http://www.lancaster.gov.uk/sites/business/business-support-grants-fund for full details on how to apply and eligibility criteria or
Please email email@example.com if:
- You would like instructions on how to apply for the grant online
- You have decided you will not be applying for the grant or believe you are ineligible
- You are unable to complete the form online and would like a paper copy sent to you
- You have any queries about the grant fund or other business support available
The Business Support Team at Lancaster City Council look forward to hearing from you. They are
here to help support you and your business in these difficult times and can be contacted on the details below:
Tel: 01524 582000
Back to News Archive