Highlight an Issue
10th May 2018
Lancaster BID works throughout the year to make the city centre a cleaner, safer and more attractive place to work, live and visit.
We fund additional cleansing in the city centre, tackle grot spots and have regular meetings with the Police Inspector to discuss policing strategy. Our BID Ambassador is also always in the lookout for issues such as loose paving, blocked drains and broken street lights which we ensure are promptly reported to relevant authorities to be resolved.
With the support of local businesses we can be even more responsive to the issues which affect you the most.
Issues we want to hear about include:
- Locations of particular grot spots
- Instances of graffiti
- Areas of frequent littering or fly tipping
- Significant weed growth
- Instances of crime - even if you don't want to report it to the police
- Problems with blocked drains, paving, street lights and other environmental issues
- Any other suggestions you have for improvements to the city centre
Email your issues to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01524 590650. We'll need details of what the issue is, the location and date and time observed. If possible photos would also be useful, if relevant.
Lancaster BID will then ensure all issues are reported to the relevant authority and we will monitor and chase up any issues which are not addressed.
With your help we really can ensure the city centre becomes even better.
Back to News Archive